- Top Page
Personal information (*1) is an important asset. All persons engaged in business at the Company must comply with the Privacy Compliance Program (*2) and fulfill their trust by accurate and secure handling of personal information.
*1: Information about a living individual that can identify them; such as their name, date
of birth, address/residence, place of work, telephone number, e-mail address, etc., or by
matching it with other information.
*2: A system created within the corporation to establish a compliance framework to follow laws and corporate ethics. This involves the establishment of guidelines, implementation of training and awareness programs, and creation of a response manual in the event of a problem. (Initiatives on the Privacy Compliance Program)
- We will establish the criteria for the appropriate collection and use of personal information as well as the provisions for operating it.
- We will establish a code of conduct and operational regulations for the safety management of personal information.
The following activities will be carried out to embody the basic policy.
- Officers and all employees will comply with the laws and regulations concerning personal information.
- The Company will appoint a person in charge of personal information management to give responsibility and authority to perform his/her duties for the implementation and operation of the compliance program.
- We will ask the companies and individuals we do business with to cooperate in achieving the prescribed objectives.
- This policy is available for viewing at any time on the Company's internet and website.
- We regularly check the status of our activities and continuously review and improve the content of our compliance programs including this policy.
Handling of Personal Information
Collection, Use, and Provision of Personal Information
- When collecting personal information, the Company shall clarify the purpose of use and always acquire it by appropriate and fair means. The collected personal information will be handled appropriately, limiting the scope of its use.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company will use personal information within the scope of the following purposes of use as long as it is necessary for the execution of our business.
- To provide the products and services of the Company and the IHI Group;
- To provide and propose information about the products and services of the Company and the IHI Group;
- To refine and improve the products and services of the Company and the IHI Group;
- To respond to inquiries and requests, such as for brochures, to the Company and the IHI Group;
- For other matters related to the business of the Company and the IHI Group.
- Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company may jointly use the personal information it holds (name, company name, department, job position, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.) with IHI Corporation and the affiliated companies of IHI Corporation under the responsibility of its management for the purpose of use provided in Item 2 (above).
- Respect for Rights
The Company respects the rights of individuals with regard to personal information, and when the individual requests disclosure, correction, or deletion of personal information held by the Company, the Company will promptly respond according to the purpose of laws and regulations.
- Implementation of Safety Measures
The Company shall establish internal regulations, and implement safety measures and reasonable technical measures so as not to cause problems such as unauthorized access, loss, falsification, leakage, etc. of personal information held by the Company.
Handling of Personal Information on the Company's Website
- Security when providing personal information
When visitors provide their personal information through our website, we apply encrypted communication technology such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect the personal information entered. SSL is a common technology used as a security measure for communication on websites, and it prevents attacks by encrypting the input data before sending it over the internet. In addition, if you are using a browser that does not support SSL, etc., you may not be able to access the page due to settings of a firewall or other such security system.
Inquiries on Personal Information
The Company will establish a contact to respond to inquiries regarding the disclosure of personal information held by the Company and the handling of such personal information.
[Inquiries regarding the handling of personal information]
3-1-1 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-0061, Japan (Toyosu IHI Building 21F)